Adyen is a Dutch payment company that allows businesses to accept e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale payments.
Adyen offers merchants online services for accepting electronic payments by payment methods including credit cards, bank based payments such as debit cards, bank transfer, and real-time bank transfers based on online banking. The technology platform acts as a payment gateway, payment service provider and offers risk management and local acquiring.
Gift Up! integrates with Adyen, allowing you to use your Adyen account to take payment for your gift card sales via debit/credit card, Google Pay, Klarna, Vipps, Swish, We Chat, iDEAL, Giropay, EPS, Sofort, Twint, PayTM and FPX.
Connect Adyen to your Gift Up! account
- Log in to your Adyen Live Customer Area.
- Ensure that you have selected the merchant account you wish to operate on:
- Go to Account API Credentials, and create new credentials:
Enter a name for the credentials, something like "Gift Up Checkout Credentials" and click save:
- Click "Generate New API Key" and then add the domains:
https://giftup.appunder "Allowed origins" and save the credentials page again, making sure to copy the API Key and the Client Key.
- Under Account API URLs, you will need to extract the "Live URL prefix" from your endpoint URLs.
For example, if this was your live URL:
https://1797a841fbb37ca7-AdyenDemo-checkout-live.adyenpayments.com/checkout/v53/payments, then the live URL prefix would be:
Here's Adyen's documentation on how to get it, for reference: https://docs.adyen.com/development-resources/live-endpoints#live-url-prefix
- You need to know your merchant account name. You can get this from Account > Merchant Accounts in Adyen:
- Enter your Merchant account name, Client key, API key and Live URL prefix into Gift Up!
- Click Connect Adyen, and we'll store and test your API keys. Once completed, we'll take payment using your Adyen account in your Gift Up! checkout.