Issuing gift cards in bulk/processing a corporate sale
When a corporation want to buy lots of gift cards from you, it's usually best to not attempt to ask them to place the order using your Gift Up! checkout as that is designed for the far more common use case of an individual placing an order for another individual. Large orders/corporate buys are usually quite different and our checkout is not configurable to handle this situation.
We recommend you handle collection of payment yourself with the purchaser directly and issue the gift cards using one of the following methods:
- Create the gift card via the dashboard, one by one (obviously fine for only a few gift cards)
- Use Zapier to issue gift cards via our Zapier app and something like a Google Sheet/Excel spreadsheet
- Use our API to issue as many gift cards as required, but technical knowledge is required
- Generate a spreadsheet and ask us to issue them in bulk for you
Getting us to issue the gift cards via a spreadsheet
If you decide that the best approach is option 4, read the article: Importing gift cards from another provider/spreadsheet for details on the spreadsheet we require you to fill in.
Once you've read and created the spreadsheet the process is as follows:
- Email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org where we will review the spreadsheet for errors and ask for clarification/revisions as necessary. Remember to tell us when you'd like the gift cards to be sent (or not sent!)
- We'll create a test gift card in your account and send it to you to review from the first row in your spreadsheet
- If you approve this test gift card we'll then issue your gift cards on the date & time you instruct us to
We can usually process these within 1 working day of receipt of the spreadsheet.
Fees charged for bulk issuance
We charge our standard 3.49% fee for bulk issued gift cards (unless you have pre-paid for a revenue pack, in which case we'll deduce from your pack's allowance).