When customers arrive at reception to book in, they may present you with a Gift Up issued gift card for your hotel. You can check the balance of the gift card and apply the balance to any open folios with a balance due at any point before they check out.
Customer can also use their gift card when making a reservation online via Cloudbeds.
How to sign up for Gift Up
To create your own Gift Up account, simply visit our sign-up page here: https://giftup.app/account/register
1) Head over to our integrations page and click "connect" on the Cloudbeds card:
2) Sign in to your Cloudbeds account to authorize us to install our app in your Cloudbeds dashboard:
Cloudbeds group account connections are supported, as well as single instance Cloudbeds accounts. If you do connect a group account, you get the option of redeeming a gift card in Gift Up against any hotel in your group to give your customers a truly universal gift card for your hotel group.
3) Once connected, you'll be able to use our redeem app as normal, but instead of just deducting a balance from a gift card, we'll also apply a corresponding credit to a nominated reservation in Cloudbeds.
Alternatively, you can connect to Gift Up from within the Cloudbeds PMS:
1) Login to your Cloudbeds Account
2) Select the sprocket icon to navigate to the Cloudbeds Marketplace:
3) Open the APPS AND INTEGRATIONS section and select Marketplace:
4) Search for "Gift Up" and select the Gift Up app
5) Click "Connect App"
6) Review the Application Authorization page and select APPROVE:
7) Complete the login or sign up process in Gift Up
Upon completion of the above steps, Gift Up will create your account, which you can then sign in to.
How to redeem a gift card in-person
You are not able to redeem a gift card within the Cloudbeds dashboard, but you are able to redeem a gift card's balance in the Gift Up redeem app. As part of that process, you can nominate a reservation to transfer/apply the gift card balance to, either in part, or wholly:
After which you should see something like this in the reservation's folio:
How to enable usage of gift cards when making an online reservation
In order to allow your customer to use their gift cards when creating a reservation on the Cloudbeds booking engine, you need to configure your Cloudbeds account to accept a gift card code when they make an online reservation.
Cloudbeds have written a useful article on how to achieve this: https://myfrontdesk.cloudbeds.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409149610267-How-to-use-Gift-Certificates-or-Gift-Cards-when-creating-reservations-on-the-Booking-Engine.
Here's how it works:
1) Configure your Cloudbeds account to ask for a gift card code during an online booking by following their guide
2) The Gift Up platform monitors all bookings made (in near real-time) and scans the answers provided to all custom fields. If any of these answers is a gift card code we recognize, we do two things:
- We deduct the reservation balance from the gift card balance, up to a maximum of the balance on the gift card
- We then apply a credit to the reservation's folio equalling the amount we deducted from the gift card
This means that the customer has to enter the gift card code exactly in the gift card code field when making an online booking, otherwise we will not transfer the gift card balance to the folio.
We also do not transfer the entire balance from the gift card to the folio if the gift card balance is higher than the reservation balance. This is to avoid the folio going into a credit position. If the customer wants to apply their full gift card balance to the folio, as perhaps they intend to spend it during their stay, you will have to do this manually in our app.
How to disconnect Cloudbeds from Gift Up
Head over to the Gift Up integration store and click disconnect on the Cloudbeds integration:
Alternatively, you can disconnect from within the Cloudbeds PMS.
FAQs and how to get support
You can contact support at any time by emailing us at email@example.com